Columbia, Missouri Adventure On A Budget
Part 2 – Music & Entertainment
DARREN HAYS 09.04.2018
Columbia Missouri is a growing college town with tons of cheap or free things to do if you know where to look. The town offers a wealth of fun activities for all age groups. No matter what your interests are Columbia probably has something for you! In this series I will provide information on some amazing places to visit in Columbia without breaking the bank.
Music & Entertainment
Columbia, MO has a ton of options when it comes to live music and entertainment. The city has multiple music venues for audiences of all ages and musical tastes. Below is a list of a few of my favorites in the area.
- The Blue Note
- 17 N 9th St Columbia, MO
- The Blue Note is awesome! Medium sized downtown venue with multiple bars and a balcony. Many national acts perform at The Note as well as local and regional acts. The venue hosts many shows with free entry.
- Rose Music Hall
- 1013 Park Ave Columbia, MO
- Formerly Mojos, Rose Music Hall was renamed and updated to include an outdoor area featuring a second stage. Rose has tons of events including shows featuring local bands and DJs, free movies in the park, a kids disco, and even a day to bring your dog to hang out and play!
- The Social Room
- 20 N 8th St, Columbia, MO
- Styled like a prohibition era speakeasy, The Social Room is easily one of my favorite bars in Columbia. Good drink specials and tons of live music with no cover. Make sure to check out emo night on Wednesdays and Super Requiem World featuring Columbia’s favorite DJ on Thursdays!
- Penguin Piano Bar
- 1025 E Broadway, Columbia, MO
- Columbia’s own dueling piano bar featuring entertainers from across the US!
- 122 S 9th St, Columbia, MO
- Downtown barcade serving up alcoholic slushies and beer. Live music by local DJs and tons of free to play classic games!
These are a few of my favorite spots in the Columbia area for live music and entertainment. Perfect places for a night out to catch performances by your favorite artists or to show some love by supporting local talent.
Make sure to check back in a few weeks for the next article in the series where I will list some of the best places in Columbia to go for hiking and biking.